Search This Blog

Friday 29 May 2015

I Am Weak and Broccoli Overpowers me




I am a very picky, particular eater. I prefer plain foods and I prefer them not to mix. I'll even eat my salad vegetable by vegetable. Last year, I was vegan and because of that I dislike a lot of foods since I hadn't eaten them in so long. For example, I hate anything creamy; milk, ice cream, super creamy cheese- I absolutely detest them. Another example is spicy food. I absolutely cannot tolerate anything spicy and may or may not think broccoli is too spicy. This may be because in Junior Kindergarten I somehow got my hands on a Jalapeno pepper and the spicy oils got into my mouth and eyes. Or it may be because I have inherited weak genes that won't allow me to brave even mild salsa. This is completely different to other people who eat their salads mixed, spicy food, or enjoy ice cream on a hot day. My mom finds my weird eating habits particularly annoying since she's the one making me a disassembled salad. 
This raises some questions; "How do personal experiences affect the way we enjoy food?" and "Does every one see colour the same? (like what if I see green and you see blue but we both call it red?)" 

No comments:

Post a Comment